This article needs additional research, citations, and verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations and references. Below is the material that has been gathered, unsourced material may be challenged and removed.
- 10 September 1547
- seen as the first modern battle in the British Isles
- catastrophic defeat for Scotland, and became known there as Black Saturday
- last pitched battle between Scottish and English armies
- part of the conflict known as the Rough Wooing
- Scottish government refused to come to terms